"Adapting to a Changing Market to Create Value"
Peter Rosenthal of Sutter Street Investments: Featured Guest on Best of Investing, FOX Newstalk Radio 910 in San Francisco on July 21, 2012:
Sutter Street Investments In the News
Executive Assistant / Utility Infielder
April 23, 2014
Sutter Street Investments is a boutique real estate investment firm located in Sausalito, California. The company is focused on developing in-fill residential propoerties. We are highly opportunistic in our activities which include:
- Investor Relations / Marketing
We are looking for someone to work with the principals in our Sausalito location. The ideal candidate would have experience as a real estate assistant. Some of the tasks would include marketing, transactional work, database management, mailings, basic office assistance, preparing new listings, MLS listing management, acting as liaison between escrow and principals; ownership of deal timeline and schedules. Provide consistent, quality-controlled system to ensure the smooth and efficient management of all relevant steps necessary to close a real estate sale. The position is full time and will start as an independent contractor.
This is a multi-faceted position encompassing three key activity areas:
- Marketing: Activities include updating website and Facebook, creating mailers, working with outside vendors on marketing materials, ordering photos, staging and flyers, creating offering packages for investors.
- Escrow Management: Laying out timeline, completing CAR forms, assembling disclosures, updating the MLS, maintaining escrow files
- Office Management/Support: Property searches on the MLS and Loopnet, filing, copying, purchasing office supplies, and submitting bills to accountant for payment.
Qualities / Capabilities
A successful candidate for this job shall be:
- Highly motivated and curious
- Able to work independently
- Able to work effectively with people inside and outside the company
- Passionate about real estate
- Excellent at managing time and tasks
Requirements / Experience
A successful candidate for this job shall:
- Have at least 2 years experience in real estate either in brokerage or at an escrow company
- Have a mastery of real estate programs including MLS, docusign, loopnet
- Be familiar with Real Estate forms and terms (CAR)
- Be able to periodically work weekend hours (open houses, etc.)
- Be capable with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional -Strong computer skills
- Perform general office duties as needed (filing, copying, expense reports, etc.)
- Have a California Real Estate Agent License or be licensed within 6 months of employment
- Have a car for local travel (looking at listings, site visits to projects, running errands)
We are looking for an energetic, motivated person with strong organizational and communication skills. You must have a positive "can do" attitude. The position requires accurate typing skills, good grammar and spelling, computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Web design and posting, Excel, database management and familiarity with office equipment. Real Estate License a plus, but not a requirement. You should be a quick learner fast thinker and intuitive
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and are not looking for short term players.
Please provide your resume and anything else you would like us to know about you. If you do not have experience with some of the systems above, please make sure you address your ability to learn new technology with specific examples.